For important information and updates regarding COVID-19 please visit the South African resource portal: www.sacoronavirus.co.za
As South Africans we’ve faced many challenges over the last few decades and Coronavirus (COVID-19) is no different. It requires resilience, patience, cooperation and collaboration. As a company that is supported by a diverse team, we’re all working hard to keep one another safe at the gym and ensure that our members, families and communities are safe too. It is vitally important that each one of us takes this responsibility seriously.
We are keeping tabs on current developments with regards to the spread of Coronavirus and taking action steps to inform and educate those around us about the situation. We are also working to minimise any health risks and avoid the hysteria and fear that is being seen all around the World. We are following the government guidelines regarding hygiene and personal precautions.
What we’re doing:
- We have intensified our cleaning schedule in each training studio
- We are wiping down and cleaning equipment and floors before and after every class.
- Hand sanitizer has been made available at key points throughout the gym – entrance to the gym, entrance way to the bathrooms and in the hallway leading to the Concept Cardio and other studios.
- We have removed all chalk buckets from the gym to ensure there are no potential hot spots for the virus to spread.
- We have adjusted our workout programming and removed all team workouts.
- We have put up visual posters educating members and visitors about COVID-19, how to protect themselves and how to check for symptons of the virus.
What we have requested our members to do:
- Wash their hands when entering and exiting the gym. All hand washing should be done for at least 20 seconds.
- We have discouraged all high fives, fist bumps and physical contact, and requested that our members change their greetings and celebrations to “air” high fives and foot/elbow bumps.
- If a members is feeling ill, we have requested that they stay at home for 14 days or until they feel better.
- If a member has travelled from a high risk country recently, we have requested that they stay away from the gym for 14 days.
- All equipment should be wiped down and cleaned by members before and after their workout.
Our employees and customers form the foundation for our business, and we look forward to continuing to support them and you through this challenging time.
We may add information to this page over the coming weeks and months.
If you have any concerns or would like to contact us, please email [email protected] or call us on +27 11 454 3348.
The CFJ Lifestyle Fitness Team