CHALMAR BEEF ATHLETE OF THE MONTH: MAY 2016
1. Name: Sarah McHarg
2. I’ve been training at CrossFit Jozi since: I did my Jump-Up in November 2012, trained sporadically for a bit, then came back with a vengeance in January 2016
3. I discovered CrossFit through: my super-awesome sister, Amy ;p
4. The most significant change in my health since starting CrossFit has been: Huge weight-loss, and I’m fitter and stronger. In terms of mental health, I feel ready for anything just about all of the time, which I attribute to my accomplishments at training
5. My biggest challenge in CrossFit is: running and rope climbs!
6. What keeps you coming back? The feeling of empowerment through improving each day, together with the support and friendship of the community – and Zu is a bully!
7. If I could use one word to describe myself it would be: Complex
8. My favorite activity outside of CrossFit is: PC gaming and reading fantasy
9. My favorite place to eat in Jozi is: anything Chinese
10. My proudest accomplishment at CrossFit Jozi is: my PB backsquat of 72 kgs and a deadlift of 84kgs
11. My current goals are: PULL UPS!
12. Tell us something we don’t know about you: People are often surprised to find out that I’m a deceased estates attorney