CFJ HQ: MEMBER PROFILE – WADEL NGULUBE
WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A JOB?
– I’m the Systems Designer/Acoustics Specialist at BNC Technology. I’m responsible for anything design related and running projects.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TRAINING AT CFJ?
– About 6 Months now (I think, LOL)
WHAT ENCOURAGED YOU TO JOIN US WHEN YOU DID?
– Our MD Nick C. kept going one about how cool CrossFit was at the office. For about a year we brushed him off and about this time last year I started researching, our GM Bianca got us signed up, I did the ground works and I was hooked. NEVER LOOKED BACK!!!
ARE THERE ANY MEMORIES FROM YOUR FIRST DAYS THAT YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE?
– My first 200m sled push was bad. I actually think I passed out after. I had never felt anything like that before. To this day I have to really prepare myself mentally before I push sleds. It’s just one of those for me.
WHAT IS THE COOLEST THING THAT YOU HAVE ACHIEVED AT CFJ?
– So far my times for Helen, Fran, Elizabeth etc have been improving by at least a minute/minute and a half for each so that’s been cool for me at this point in my journey.
WHAT CHANGES IN YOUR HEALTH HAVE YOU NOTICED SINCE STARTING CrossFit?
– I noticed an increase in my energy levels.
WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU’RE NOT BUSY GETTING FITTER AT CFJ?
– I enjoy trail running a lot so I try doing that every weekend. Apart from that I spend a lot of time with friends and family because I’m so busy during the week.
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENTS SINCE JOINING CFJ?
– My biggest achievements this far has been a drastic improvement in mental strength, Lifestyle improvement and time efficiency. I’ve been able to take these principles and apply them to different areas of my life which I truly appreciate.
LIST SOME OF YOUR CFJ BUCKET LIST ITEMS.
– Definitely muscle ups
– Pistol on a Kettle bell
– Butterfly pull ups
WHERE IS YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT OUT IN JOZI?
– Rodizio in Bedfordview.
IF YOU COULD INVITE 3 FAMOUS PEOPLE TO DINNER, WHO WOULD THEY BE?
– It would have to be Barack Obama
– Mohammed Ali- “The Greatest of all time”
– Filippo Perini- Former Design Director at Lamborghini- He designed the Lamborghini Aventador.
WHO INSPIRES YOU AT CFJ AND IS THERE ANYONE ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO?
– I draw a lot of my inspiration from my colleagues because they very passionate about CFJ/Crossfit in general and we feel we relate to it on so many levels. Apart from that everyone at the box, such a great community. Shout Out?? Hmmm THE COACHES, I think you guys are world class, appreciate the professionalism and attention to detail. The journey has been amazing this far.
TELL US AN INTERESTING FACT WE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU.
– I’m addicted to watches. Just thinking about it now gets me excited. Hahahaha. Currently building my collection, I have about 7 now
IN NO MORE THAN 5 WORDS, TELL US WHY YOU CrossFit.
– Attention to Detail!